You should contact a lawyer after any serious auto accident. Collisions can damage your spine, cause broken bones or internal damage, and cause traumatic brain injury. These and other serious car crash injuries can be extremely costly to treat.
While the law in Texas allows you to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim against a driver who causes you to be hurt in a collision, you have to actively pursue your claim. Having a car accident lawyer in Texas gives you the best chance of working within the legal system to get fully compensated for losses. Your attorney can help you both in negotiating an out-of-court settlement to receive compensation and in filing a lawsuit and pursuing a case in a court of law.
If you are injured in an accident or a loved one is killed, it is a good idea to contact a Texas auto accident attorney as soon as possible after the collision has occurred. To make a car accident claim, you need to prove:
• That the other driver was negligent, careless or broke the rules of the road
• That the other driver’s actions were a direct cause of your injury
• That you were seriously hurt in a way that you can be compensated for
Gathering evidence to prove your car accident claim should happen immediately after the collision, at the scene of the crash and should be preserved until your case is resolved. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the sooner your attorney can help you get the information and evidence you need in order to make a successful accident claim.
Your attorney can also deal with the insurance companies on your behalf. It is very common for car accident victims to be pressured to settle for less than they deserve, and you could find yourself giving up compensation that the law says you should have. You attorney can represent you in all interactions with the insurance company so you don’t jeopardize your case or accidentally give up your rights to full compensation for losses.
Finally, calling an attorney right away is also important because there are strict deadlines for filing personal injury claims. Your Texas auto accident attorney will make sure you take all appropriate actions within the timeline required to protect your case.
Whether your car accident claim settles outside of court or you move forward with a trial, you need to have a legal advocate to represent you. An accident lawyer in Texas can not only deal with the insurer on your behalf but can also take many other steps to maximize your chances of recovering full compensation. Just some of the things that a Texas litigator can do for you include:
• Finding expert witnesses, such as an accident reconstruction specialist, who can help you prove your case
• Interviewing witnesses to the crash
• Obtaining police records and accident reports from the collision
• Subpoenaing necessary information, such as obtaining the phone records of the other driver(s) in the crash to prove driver distraction
• Negotiating with the insurance company for coverage of all economic and non-financial losses
• Filing court documents and paperwork for a personal injury or wrongful death case
• Preparing to argue your case before a jury, where you will need to prove that more likely than not your version of events is true and you deserve compensation
These are just some of the tasks that an experienced car accident lawyer in Texas can help you to do. We can assist you in getting the legal help you need from a compassionate, caring and competent professional with an in-depth knowledge of car accident laws in Texas.
After you provide us with some simple information about your case, we’ll arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced accident lawyers. If your attorney can help with your case, you will not have to worry about paying any legal fees for representation unless your attorney recovers compensation.
Contact an Accident Attorney in Texas
You don’t deserve to face financial loss after an auto accident that someone else was responsible for causing. Contact us today to speak with an accident attorney in our office who can help you take advantage of the right to compensation that Texas law provides for injured collision victims.